Commercial Mortgage Lending Growing
• Commercial mortgage lending is on the rise in
2012; fitting into the forecast by many of slow, positive growth in 2012.
• More than $11 billion in commercial mortgages in 2011 originated by MetLife represents a new high in commercial property for the company.
• Banks increased lending to commercial real estate by $5 billion in the fourth quarter for the first time in two years.
• Because of strict federal oversight, tenants can rest assured that in most cases it's a strong landlord that is obtaining the mortgage; in turn reducing the risk of complications due to a change of ownership mid-term.
Tenant Representative Partnership Critical for Start-up Companies
Business real estate is essential to establishing
brand credibility and building a market presence. This is why start-up companies should engage the services of an exclusive tenant representative even when they're still working out of their homes or the local coffee shop.
If the dot.com era taught us anything, it was a painful lesson about expanding too soon. However, growing is a different matter altogether. There comes a time in a lifespan of even the most creative young company when the need for
physical space will overtake the benefits of "remaining nimble." When initiated early and aligned with results-oriented growth (not just venture capital), a company's real estate becomes a highly beneficial business asset, helping to
attract the best employees, fortify brands and empower capitalism.
From as early as inception, an experienced representative can offer the following:
Location and Amenity needs
• Overlapping growth plans
• Product information
• Employee projections
Critical Real Estate Issues
• Proximity to talent pools
• Mass transit opportunities
• Space planning
• Competitor analysis
• Consideration of available state or local tax incentives for new companies